AWS CWI Part C Session 2 (Clause 2)- Click for PPT
Session 2 is Normative References
Normative reference means that referenced documents are a must for the application of this standard.
- For dated references, only the edition cited applies.
- For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document
(Including any amendments) applies.
2.1 Normative Reference
A list of standards, which have the references to API 1104 is listed in PPT. The standards related to the bodies are API, ASNT, ASTM. Please glance through all the referred standards as given under:-
- API 5L: Specification for Line Pipe
- API Recommended Practice 2201:Safe Hot tapping practices in the petroleum and petrochemical industries
- ASNT ACCP: ASNT Central Certification Programme
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A: Personnel Qualification and certification in ND
- ASTM A 370: Standard test method for mechanical testing of steel products
- ASTM E 23: Standard Test method for notched bar impact testing of metallic materials
- ASTM E 164: Standard Practice for Contact Ultrasonic testing of weldments
- ASTM E165: Standard test method for liquid penetrant examination
- ASTM E 709: Standard Guide for Magnetic Particle Testing
2.2. A list of standards, which have the references to API 1104 with AWS standard making body is listed in the slide in PPT and below.
2.3 Some of the additional standards which have reference to API 1104 which are
- ISO 19232-1: Image Quality Indicators – Determination of Image quality Value
- BSI BS 7910:2005 Guide to Methods for assessing the acceptability of flaws in Metallic Structures
- NACE MR 0175:2005 Sulphide Stress Cracking resistant metallic materials for Oil Field Equipment
2.4 Some of the important standard making bodies are
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- API - American Petroleum Institute
- CEN - European Committee for Standardization
- NACE - National Association of Corrosion Engineers
- AWS – American Welding Society
- ASNT - American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
The PPT would include a detailed description of the Normative References under clause 2.
Few questions in form of interactions have been included in the PPT. The candidates should attempt the interaction in form of the questions based on the contents covered in the clause and should check the score obtained in the last slide of the PPT.
Let us view the PPT by pressing the icon on the right bottom corner.